Do you have a completed BSc. or MSc. in Mechanical Engineering, Integrated Product Design (IPO) or Automotive Engineering? Do you get a kick out of industrializing concepts into working products in Automotive? Then read on for this cool vacancy.
The position aims to develop concept ideas from the industrialization research department. We are looking for a clever critical constructor/product designer who develops technical concepts based on research and who can shoot holes in this. You must be able to give a good estimate in advance about the feasibility and advise on this. You are expected to come up with ideas, device, and develop improvements and solutions. In this position, you are approximately 50% engaged in designing and modeling in 3D CAD.
Overview of the activities:
- Design and model based on specifications set within the project.
- Participate in multidisciplinary project teams as a point of contact concerning product design
- Supervising the involved model maker and test engineer within a project.
- Generation of the product model and the necessary documentation.
- Guiding the necessary verification and validation processes.
- Performing CAE simulations, calculations, and analyzes
- Guiding a co-development process with suppliers
- Supporting Research in developing concepts.
- Advise in technical questions from our customers as subject matter expert.
- BSc. or MSc. Mechanical Engineering or similar such as Industrial Design or Integrated Product Design
- Work experience in a similar position in the Automotive, Aerospace, Mechatronics, Robotics or similar industry is a big plus
- Experience with 3D CAD software (PTC Creo, Windchill)
- Knowledge of materials (plastics and metals) & mass-production techniques
- Understanding of and ideally experience with finite element method (FEA / FEM) and failure mode analysis. (FMEA)
- Experience working with automotive standards and quality tools (IATF 16949, DFMEA,etc.) or other highly regulated industries
- English spoken and written
- Basic knowledge of electronics is an advantage
Our client is an international supplier to the automotive industry and makes innovative solutions to promote road safety. The originally Dutch organization has a head office in the Utrecht area. You will work in a multidisciplinary team with approximately 10 specialists.
Terms of employment
- Salary range between €2700, – € 4500, – a month (depending on knowledge and experience) (depending on knowledge and experience)
- 8% holiday pay
- Bonus plan
- 25 vacation days + 13 ADV days
- Travel allowance
- Pension scheme
- Training and career opportunities
- Permanent position
Have you become enthusiastic? Apply directly or contact Ian Dankbaar for more information. Whatsapp or call 06-57184872 or email Ian.Dankbaar@mcflybrown.com